If you are looking for the best in retirement community amenities like fitness center, Jacuzzi, game room, planned activities and mountain views The Independence is the 55+ community for you. Get ready to say goodbye to lawn care, painting, and repair projects and enjoy all the amenities Charlottesville’s largest, best-appointed senior apartments have to offer. Our apartments provide plenty of room for entertaining, or visiting friends and family. Choose from many 1 or 2 bedroom floor plans ranging from 787 square feet 1,558 square fee, and many feature private patio or balcony.
At The Independence, you can relax and enjoy living in a 55+ active adult retirement community unlike any other in the area with amenities including:
- Fitness center with exercise classes, strength and cardiovascular training, wellness programs, and health-related seminars designed just for adults 55+
- Wide-screen TV lounge, community rooms, game room with billiards table, resident clubhouse and party kitchen, gorgeous lobby with player piano, library and computer center with Internet access
- Outside Spaces including gardens, and a back deck where you can watch the sun set over the mountains or socialize with other residents
- Comprehensive security system and controlled access
- Activities director to coordinate events and get-togethers such as Book and Walking Clubs, Pot Luck dinners, resident socials, bi-weekly Jazz concerts, group outings and more
- Onsite maintenance staff available to help with everything from hanging pictures to moving in a new chair or changing a light bulb
- Scheduled transportation services so you can enjoy all that arts, culture and history Charlottesville has to offer retirees
- Pets are welcome Our Bark Park has been designed to allow our residents and their pets access to a beautiful outdoor space where pets can play and residents can gather (Non-aggressive breeds. – please ask for details.)
- Catering offered by a local catering service, providing excellent meals and doorstep delivery for our residents
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
With views of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains just outside your windows, The Independence offers outstanding outdoor amenities. Grow your own flowers, herbs, and vegetables in raised beds, watch wildlife from our overlook, or spend time with friends and family outside on our patio, at the picnic area, or on walking trails.
As part of the carefree and active lifestyle our community fosters, we have a place specifically for our four-legged friends. The fenced bark park includes lots of space for pets to run and play, including a Rover Jump Over, three-hoop jump, and a grooming/resting table for the pooches. The park also has many comfortable benches where our residents can relax and socialize with each other while their pets play.
The Independence is located a short stroll from Darden Towe Park, with an expanded dog park, playing fields, tennis courts, boat ramp and acres of walking trails.
To download a brochure, please fill out the form below: