Once you’ve moved into The Independence, you pay a monthly rent based on the size and location of your maintenance free apartment. One time nominal costs include:
- Application fee
- Non-refundable pet fee for residents with pets
There is no “buy-in” deposit or down payment, and there are no monthly “fees.”
Is the monthly rent fixed or subject to change?
Your monthly rent is fixed for the term of your lease. Rental rates, reviewed annually by management, may be adjusted based on actual operating costs as leases come up for renewal. Costs are carefully managed, and rents reflect the lowest feasible rate to maintain sound financial practices and the high quality of our services.
A 30-day written notice is provided in advance of any adjustment to the monthly rent.
What is included in the monthly rent?
In addition to full maintenance of exterior community areas, your rent includes the following services:
- 24-hour secured, controlled access premises
- Water and sewer service
- Indoor trash disposal
- Urgent response system, smoke detectors, and sprinkler system
- Elevator service
- Free parking and covered entryway
- Internet access in the Office Center
- Landscaping and grounds keeping
- Free use of the fenced bark park for pets
Weekly housekeeping services are available for an additional charge.