Once you’ve moved to your senior apartment at The Independence, you pay a monthly rent based on the size and location of your maintenance free apartment. The one time nominal costs include:
- Application fee
- Non-refundable pet fee for residents with pets
The Independence does not charge a “buy-in” deposit or down payment, and there are no monthly or hidden “fees.”
Is the monthly rent fixed or subject to change?
Your monthly rent is fixed for the term of your lease. Rental rates are reviewed annually by management and may be adjusted based on actual operating costs as leases come up for renewal. Costs are carefully managed, and rents reflect the lowest feasible rate to maintain sound financial practices and the high quality of our services.
We provide a 30-day written notice in advance of any adjustments to the monthly rent.
What is included in the monthly rent?
In addition to full maintenance of exterior community areas, gardens and bark park, your rent includes the following services:
- 24-hour secured, controlled access premises
- Water and sewer service
- Indoor trash disposal
- Urgent response system, smoke detectors, and sprinkler system
- Elevator service
- Free parking and covered entryway
- Internet access in the Office Center
- Landscaping and grounds keeping
- Free use of the fenced bark park for pets
Weekly housekeeping services are available for an additional charge.