Say goodbye to lawn care, painting, and repair projects, and say hello to a fitness center, Jacuzzi, game room, planned activities and mountain views. Say hello to Charlottesville’s largest, best-appointed senior apartments—up to 1,558 square feet—many with a patio or balcony.
- Fitness Center with exercise classes, strength and cardiovascular training, wellness programs, and health-related seminars
- Wide-screen TV lounge, community rooms, game room with billiards table, party kitchen, gorgeous lobby with player piano, library and computer center with Internet access, and a back deck where you can watch the sun set over the mountains.
- Comprehensive security system and controlled access.
- Activities director to coordinate events and get-togethers such as Book and Walking Clubs, monthly Pot Luck dinners and group outings.
- Onsite maintenance staff to help with hanging pictures, moving in a new chair, etc.
- Scheduled transportation services.
- Pets are welcome at The Independence. (Non-aggressive breeds, please ask for details.)
- Catering offered by a local catering service, providing excellent meals and doorstep delivery for our residents.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
With views of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains just outside your windows, The Independence offers outstanding outdoor amenities. Grow your own flowers, herbs, and vegetables in raised beds, watch wildlife from our overlook, or spend time with friends and family on the playground, at the picnic area, or on walking trails.
The Independence is located a short stroll from Darden Towe Park, with its dog park, playing fields, tennis courts, boat ramp and acres of walking trails.
To download a brochure, please fill out the form below: